Legal Documents required for a Civil Ceremony in Santorini

For Weddings in and around the Greek Islands you will need to produce legal documentation which prove your eligibility. Below are a list of original documents which are accepted.

The Foreign and Common Wealth Office (FCO) will require these to be legalised. A legal requirement that Simply Mediterranean Weddings can make stress free, and process for you. We only cover our costs with a small administration fee.

The only documentation we are not able to process for you is your Certificate of Non Impediment. You and your partner must visit your local County Hall no sooner than 3 months before the wedding. We will be happy to guide you step by step through this process.

• PASSPORT (Compulsory): Both the bride and groom must be in possession of a 10 year British passport. Non-British passport holders MUST notify us at first contact.

• FULL LENGTH BIRTH CERTIFICATE (Compulsory): Both the bride and groom must produce an original full length Birth Certificate showing the names of both parents. The short version of the Birth Certificate is not acceptable in Greece.

• CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT (Compulsory): Both the bride and groom must obtain a Certificate of No Impediment as legal proof that they are free to marry. This document is issued by your local Registry Office and must not be dated more that 3 months prior to your wedding date.Important: Please allow at least 2 weeks to obtain your Certificates of No Impediment.

• DECREE ABSOLUTE (If applicable): If either the bride or groom has been divorced, she/he must produce an original Decree Absolute. This document must carry a coloured court stamp.

• DEED POLL CERTIFICATE (If applicable): If either the bride or groom has effected a change of name for any reason (including personal reasons, remarriage of a parent or if the bride reverted to her maiden name after divorcing), a Deed Poll Certificate must be produced. This document must be stamped and signed by a solicitor and must include the solicitor’s practice name and address plus the full name of the solicitor who witnessed the change of name.

• WRITTEN CONSENT FOR UNDER 18’s (If applicable): If either the bride or groom is under the age of 18 years, written consent from parents/guardians must be supplied to us with the Application for Marriage form.

• ADOPTION CERTIFICATE (If applicable): If either the bride or groom has been adopted, an Adoption Certificate must be produced.

• DEATH CERTIFICATE (If applicable): If either the bride or groom has been previously widowed, a Death Certificate must be produced.